Monday, October 5, 2020

Top Ten Tuesday: Book Covers That Feel Like Fall

Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl. This week's theme is: Books With Fall Colors/Vibes. 

Like many bibliophiles, I love fall. Fall is all about cozying up with a good book, a mug of coffee and a soft blanket (probably with my cats) and falling blissfully into the pages of whatever book I'm reading. And I especially love reading autumn themed books during the fall. It just ramps that cozy feeling up a couple of notches. I've already done a post on my recommended Autumn Reads so following that up with a list of book covers that scream autumn to me just seems like a natural choice.

While I have not read all of these books (some have been on my TBR for far too long - time to remedy that!) all of them give off autumn vibes to me, whether it's cozy feelings or downright creepy, perfect for Halloween. And now, onto the covers!

Burn Our Bodies Down by Rory Power
The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert
The Witch's Daughter by Paula Brackston
Anna Dressed In Blood by Kendare Blake
The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin
Never Knowing by Chevy Stevens
A Madness So Discreet by Mindy McGinnis
Witches of East End by Melissa de la Cruz
Love Walked In by Marisa de los Santos
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Where They Found Her by Kimberly McCreight

I'd love to know what book covers give you those autumn feelings most or what covers you think look like fall colors. Leave a message in the comments and let me know!

xx Melissa

21 comments:

  1. I've heard of a couple of these, and seem to remember some good hype for 'Hazel,' but haven't read any! I love cute-sy autumn covers with oranges, reds, yellows, but sometimes the atmospheric ones jump out too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved The Hazel Wood and highly recommend it! I love the cutesy autumn covers too but these always jumped out at me.

      Delete
  2. autumn is a dream to me (haven't seen one ever!) and these covers indeed gave that fall feeling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope you get to experience a real autumn someday! It's my favorite season.

      Delete
  3. These all really line up with my idea of fall, too, and The Witch's Daughter also made my list this week. There's just something about witchy, magical books that make for perfect fall reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved your list! Witchy books make me really happy. When the Sweep series first came out, I read it each autumn for like 4 years straight.

      Delete
  4. Yes, you did find some books with good autumn vibes. I want to read The Immortalists. My TTT Fall-ish covers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Walked in Screams fall to me the most. I haven't read any of these yet, but I've heard so much about The Hazel Wood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Hazel Wood is definitely a fantastic read. I went with a more atmospheric approach :)

      Delete
  6. Great list! The Immortalists cover has always given me autumnal vibes
    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the cover for The Little Paris Bookshop.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved all your picks Melissa. Here is my post-https://paigesofbook.blogspot.com/2020/10/top-ten-tuesday-literary-friendships.html.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Hazel Wood definitely has fall vibes in the story as well as on the cover!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2020/10/06/top-ten-tuesday-284/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore the cover for Burn Our Bodies Down.

    My post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved The Unbecoming Of Mara Dyer and The Hazel Wood! I meant to read Burn Our Bodies Down a few months ago but I somehow forgot. 😅

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh! All of these covers look so beautiful! Great picks!

    Here’s my TTT!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved Burn Our Bodies Down! The Immortalists is on my TBR and I can't wait to read it.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually just read Burn Our Bodies down. Finished it last night! I didn't hate it but I had some issues with it. I am glad I read it though!

      Delete