Monday, September 28, 2020

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Book Quotes

Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl. This week's theme is: Favorite Book Quotes! Oh man. This could be a doozy. I'm obsessed with quotes and always write down ones I love when I'm reading. I'll try and limit myself to ten, but no promises! There is no actual order to these quotes. I love them all.

1) "I have no tolerance for people that waste other people’s faith in them. None at all."
    Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid

2) "All any of us wanted, really, was to know that we counted. That someone else’s life would not have been as rich without us here."
    Handle With Care by Jodi Picoult

3) "You can’t buy people with your pain. They’ll just want away from it."
    Sadie by Courtney Summers

4) "The opposite of love is not hate. It is indifference."
    The Last Vampire 2: Black Blood by Christopher Pike

5) "It doesn't matter what people tell you. It doesn't matter what they might say. Sometimes you have to leave home. Sometimes, running away means you're headed in the exact right direction."
    Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman

6) "Love is an enchantress—devious and wild. It sneaks up behind you, soft and gentle and quiet, just before it slits your throat."
    The Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw

7) "You should always be taking pictures, if not with a camera then with your mind. Memories you capture on purpose are always more vivid than the ones you pick up by accident."
    Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion

8) "Even when I detach, I care. You can be separate from a thing and still care about it. If I wanted to detach completely, I would move my body away. I would stop the conversation midsentence. I would leave the bed. Instead, I hover over it for a second. I glance off in another direction. But I always glance back at you."
    The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan

9) "But boys will be boys, our favorite phrase that excuses so many things, while the only thing we have for the opposite gender is women, said with disdain and punctuated with an eye roll."
    The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis

10) "I often don't say things out loud, even when I should. I contain and compartmentalize to a disturbing degree: In my belly-basement are hundreds of bottles of rage, despair, fear, but you'd never guess from looking at me."
    Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

And that's ten! It was really hard to keep it at ten and it took me forever to decide on which ones to choose because I have so many saved book quotes. But that's it for me - for now. What are some of your favorite book quotes? Leave a comment and let me know!

xx Melissa

10 comments:

  1. Yes, indifference really is the opposite of love.

    My post .

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Handle With Care one is great, I love Jodi Picoult's books!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2020/09/29/top-ten-tuesday-283/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Handle With Care was a good story, too.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You chose some great ones! The only quotes I really write down are those that relate to books and reading. I should be better about recording those that are just generally beautiful, clever, and profound.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many wonderful quotes highlighted this week, but I really love that Practical Magic one in particular. I really need to revisit that book sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are some great quotes! I quite like the Gone Girl one.

    Amber | The Unpredicted Page

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these quotes! I love the Practical Magic one, which reminds me I really need to read that book!

    Becky
    http://rebecky.net/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list! There are a lot of great quotes in Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid.

    Here's my Top Ten Tuesday list this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh! All of these different quotes are great. I really feel #3 though. You need to win people with love rather than pain. #9 is great - I am so done with that phrase in general! Thanks for sharing your favorite book quotes!

    Nancy ✨ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete